This infographic by Mosaic NetworX highlights the latest trends, driving factors in deployment and advantages of SD-WAN.
Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) is revolutionizing networking – replacing legacy networks with a secure, scalable and easy-to-deploy solution.
If you are exhausted with the complexity of your current infrastructure, expensive bandwidth, and unpredictable network performance, our SD-WAN solution is just what you need. Download our free eBook to find out more about this emerging technology.
Download the eBook to find out:
- Why branch networks need an SD-WAN solution
- How your business can benefit from SD-WAN
- Top 10 things to consider for SD-WAN deployment
Software Defined-WAN (SD-WAN) is transforming the way enterprises approach WAN deployments by increasing performance and capacity while reducing complexity and costs. In recent years, new enterprise use-cases and traffic patterns have exposed limitations of traditional WAN solutions. SD-WAN is enabling companies to leverage the internet and the cloud to deliver enterprise-grade WAN in a way that simplifies branch office deployment while increasing the performance of both private data center apps and public apps such as Office 365, Salesforce, and AWS.
Traditional WANs do not provide the dynamic architecture required by today’s IT organizations to deploy and support private and public applications in branch locations. Furthermore, network costs continue to rise as more applications, bandwidth, locations, and hardware are added to the mix. Even more frustrating to IT personnel is the inherent complexity of traditional WAN solutions. With multiple vendors and numerous single-function devices located inside each office, managing these resources becomes increasingly difficult and costly. Combine these issues with degraded cloud app performance – due to hairpinning through the data center – and staff are working more to solve problems than driving IT initiatives that move the company forward.
SD-WAN technology provides numerous advantages that help IT organizations overcome the challenges associated with a traditional WAN solution. Here are just a few:
- Simplified Branch Networking: The box-by-box configuration of wide area networks across multiple locations is complex and requires significant resources to provision, deploy, and support. SD-WAN provides IT departments with centralized monitoring, visibility and cloud control enabling branch offices to be provisioned faster with zero-touch deployment while also delivering automatic business policy and firmware updates, link remediation, and increased capacity.
In doing so, businesses can activate new branches in minutes using cloud orchestration, which offers a significantly automated installation, configuration, and maintenance capability. This simplified configuration approach – along with single-pane-of-glass monitoring tools – provides a more streamlined approach to WAN management and decreases the resources needed to manage branch office networks. In doing so, businesses can activate new branches in minutes using cloud orchestration, which offers a significantly automated installation, configuration, and maintenance capability. This simplified configuration approach – along with single-pane-of-glass monitoring tools – provides a more streamlined approach to WAN management and decreases the resources needed to manage branch office networks.
- Improved Application Performance:
Public cloud applications – such as VoIP, video, and desktop sharing – are putting new pressures traditional WAN architectures, which weren’t designed to provide predictable and consistent cloud app performance. In response, SD-WAN auto-detects the fastest network path on a sub-second basis to optimize branch-to-cloud application performance. Automatic per-packet link steering and on-demand remediation provide Application Assurance while forward error correction (FEC) and jitter buffering ensure that QoS policies are achieved for voice, video, and other applications.
- Reduced Costs: SD-WAN enables you to significantly reduce the costs associated with traditional WAN solutions. First, using the public internet to create enterprise-grade WANs enables many companies to reduce or eliminate costly MPLS networks. Furthermore, an SD-WAN Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) deployment eliminates CapEx, as well as technology obsolescence and hardware sprawl. And, by increasing application and network performance, businesses minimize costly downtime associated with throttled bandwidth and slow-running applications.
Finally, companies can deploy SD-WAN in minutes, not days or weeks, with “zero-touch” capability. A single-pane-of-glass orchestrator greatly increases management and control while eliminating the need for other costly NMS platforms and unnecessary truck rolls for maintenance and configuration. Finally, by shifting network functions out of the branch, companies significantly decrease the cost of hardware for each office and the need for onsite technical personnel.
Software-Defined WAN is more than just another IT buzzword, it is a paradigm-shift in WAN technology. Cloud-delivered SD-WAN is enabling IT organizations to tackle new use-cases and traffic patterns that traditional WANs cannot adequately support. Enterprises have realized they can also solve for complexity, performance, and cost using SD-WAN.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of SD-WAN, give Mosaic NetworX a call today at 800-688-3770.
LARKSPUR, CA–(Marketwired – February 9, 2016) – Mosaic NetworX, a full-service telecommunications and IT infrastructure service provider, today announced the launch of its new Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) service offering. Delivered as a Network-as-a Service (NaaS), the Mosaic SD-WAN solution is an intelligent network service that enables organizations to increase application performance and available bandwidth while significantly reducing network costs and complexity. Using cloud-based SD-WAN technology, Mosaic NetworX delivers a turn-key solution that simplifies branch office deployment while simultaneously improving connectivity to the data center and cloud applications. Combined with centralized orchestration, Mosaic delivers zero-touch branch deployment along with Business Policy automation for over 3000 enterprise and cloud applications.
Market projections from Gartner, a research and advisory firm, indicate that by the end of 2019, approximately 30 percent of enterprises will use SD-WAN products in all of their branches* and analysts from IDC estimate that the spend will reach $8 billion in revenue by 2018.**
“SD-WAN enables us to offer a new generation of agile networking solutions, improving both application performance and cost efficiencies for mid-market, multi-location enterprises,” said Brian Erickson, CEO of Mosaic NetworX. “Our turnkey SD-WAN solution enables companies to gain simplicity, performance, and control while reducing operating costs, and with no capex impact.”
Utilizing any combination of Internet, MPLS, and wireless networks, the Mosaic NetworX SD-WAN solution enables customers to easily realize the benefits of SD-WAN technology, including:
- Simplicity: “Zero-Touch” deployment for branch offices using remote provisioning and monitoring via Cloud-based Orchestration platform.
- Improved Performance: Application-aware, deep packet inspection enables enterprise-grade performance using public networks to provide a superior experience for unified communications, videoconferencing, and demanding cloud-applications.
- Security: Standards-based encryption provides secure connectivity over any type of transport.
- Reduced Operational Costs: Leverage both MPLS and the Internet to aggregate WAN capacity, or migrate to 100% public network creating enterprise-grade performance with commodity bandwidth and zero capex.
- Scalability: Quickly implement business policy changes, QoS, software updates, and new sites. Start with a single branch and easily scale as you grow.
“With Mosaic NetworX’s SD-WAN service, we are leveraging the success in our core networking business by taking those services and seamlessly combining them with SD-WAN technology to offer a turn-key Network-as-a-Service,” said Brian Erickson, CEO of Mosaic NetworX. “The demand for SD-WAN technology is expanding and we believe that Mosaic NetworX’s offering positions us for great success.”
Additionally, Mosaic NetworX offers professional IT consulting services to help organizations best leverage its SD-WAN service, including network design, implementation, assessment, strategy, and other key functions. Coupled with its established industry-leading portfolio of infrastructure solutions, this product launch solidifies Mosaic NetworX’s position as a trusted provider of innovative and high-performance network solutions.
For more information on the Mosaic NetworX SD-WAN solution, please visit mosaicnetworx.com/sd-wan or contact Mosaic NetworX directly by emailing email@example.com.
*Gartner Inc., Market Guide for Software-Defined WAN, December 1, 2015
**IDC, Worldwide Software-Defined Networking Market Expected to Reach $8 Billion by 2018, August 2014
About Mosaic NetworX
Mosaic NetworX consistently delivers industry-leading strategic infrastructure services. Distinguishing itself from service providers that offer restrictive one-size-fits-all solutions, Mosaic’s experts work with clients to architect secure, agile solutions that meet each business’s individual IT infrastructure and communication needs. Mosaic NetworX functions as a single point-of-contact, offering scalable and customized voice, data, mobile messaging, cloud, and WAN solutions.