User Features – Faxbox
Faxbox enables you to send and receive faxes via email without any additional hardware or integrations.
Setting up a Faxbox
- From the CloudPhone toolbar, select Users.
- Once you’re in the Users tab, click on the specific user’s User Features.
- Once you’re in the User Features tab, click on Faxbox.
- Once you’re in the Faxbox tab, select a dedicated phone number for receiving fax. Your SMTP email address will be auto-generated automatically after entering a Faxbox number. Please note that this number must be a spare or unused number. Once enabled, this will become your dedicated faxbox number.
- You are all set up and want to send a fax. Email should be:
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (must match email of user that fax box is configured on)
All attachments MUST be sent in a pdf or tiff format.
A couple of additional notes:
- The “from” email address MUST match the user’s email address that is configured in fax box. Each SMTP email address is unique to your user.
- The fax number is where you will receive fax.
- Only the attachments are sent, and therefore nothing in the body of your email will be included.