Accommodating Today’s Business Needs with WAN Flexibility
Network complexity creates an obstacle that prevents IT from effectively supporting business opportunities. Traditional networks were not designed for today’s clouds, mobility and distributed workforce. Automating and centrally managing network services, and enabling the network to better accommodate business requirements, is critical for IT to support enterprise objectives.
Virtual Network Functions and Software-defined Control
Traditional hardware-bound network infrastructure is being replaced by virtual network functions (VNF) and software-defined control – the enablers of on-demand global SD-WAN managed services. These integrated services are quickly spun-up, and replacing rigid, multiple single-function hardware appliances.
Highly scalable VNFs, like routers, gateways, and firewalls, can be centrally managed with a software overlay. And network traffic can be automatically directed and managed with greater flexibility, reliability and performance.
Enterprises migrating applications to the cloud have unique requirements. They need SD-WAN with a cloud-based network for:
- Globally distributed gateways that provide reliability and performance
- Flexible and multi-layered security to protect the WAN and branch offices
- Optimized application performance for cloud, SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Embedded network and application optimization from the branch and data center, to the cloud
- Aggregated diverse links lower costs
- Zero-touch and fast SD-WAN remote site deployments